Accomplished Non-Profit Executive with proven track record in corporate and individual development, strategic planning and organizational leadership. Strengths include building community relationships and collaborating with organizations in order to achieve objectives.
- Seasoned foundation management and leadership experience, including foundation establishment, growth and advancement, budgeting and finance, grant applications review and evaluation and major event coordination from initial concept to post-event follow-up.
Executive Director, The Michael Bolton Charities (For Children and Women at Risk)
1993 to Present
- Collaborated with Founder and Board of Trustees in the formation of the foundation, which was established to provide assistance and programs for children and women at risk. Since its inception, The Michael Bolton Charities has positioned itself as a leader in taking a pro-active approach to finding solutions for the challenges facing this population.
- Developed foundation’s mission statement, application guidelines, funding parameters and conducted extensive research on existing services for children and women at risk. Established initiatives which filled gaps in services provided, creating critically needed programs where none had existed before.
- Create and organize events which raised over $12 million during past 23 years from special events attracting celebrities, sports figures and VIPs from across the United States. Collaborated with major foundations and organizations in California, New York, Nevada and Connecticut.
- Manage the foundation’s outreach locally, statewide and nationally, including work with nonprofit agencies, community based organizations and other fund sources.
- Coordinate and manage all creative work, including publicity, public relations, print production and public service announcements.
- Managed formation of a 10 year collaboration with Yale Child Study Center to provide funding for a family advocate to assist homeless women and children transition back into the community. Research results were published in 2004.
- Conducted needs assessment on the feasibility of a “Safe Space” for New Haven’s youth, in conjunction with The CityKids Foundation. Secured State funding for the space, which opened in 1996. Since 1998, raised an additional $700,000 from the State for operations. Researched and garnered funding for feasibility studies to replicate Safe Space in major Connecticut cities.
- Recruit, organize and trained core group of over 25 volunteers who work with the foundation throughout the year and during the annual event.
- Served as liaison for Michael Bolton to Prevent Child Abuse America, National Coalition Against Domestic Violence, and One to One National Mentoring Partnership. Participated in the development of The Michael Bolton Contemporary Music Program at Harlem School of the Arts.
- Developed a women’s advisory council comprised of corporate and foundation leaders, in order to complement efforts of the board of directors.
- Created a statewide task force in order to bring the Family Justice Center project, based on the Brooklyn, NY model, to other jurisdictions.
- In 2015 established an ongoing, ground-breaking, one of a kind music therapy for children exposed to domestic violence.
Executive Director, This Close For Cancer Research 1991 to 1993
Responsible for setting goals and objectives for the newly formed foundation. Achieved national recognition in less than two years.
- Increased annual budget by over $300,000 in contributed income.
- Implemented national public service print ad campaign.
- Organized annual benefit which raised over $100,000 per year.
- Managed all publicity, public relations, volunteer recruiting and volunteer training.
MBA, Management and Organization, University of New Haven
BS, Magna cum laude, Marketing, University of New Haven
State of Connecticut Advisory Council for Children and Families
National Association of Fundraising Executives
Committee Co-Chair – Take A Vet Fishing Day